Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Letter Project

Snail Mail My Email was a project that took place last summer. The organizers wanted to revive the art of letter writing and offer a more personal alternative to today's digital communication. Volunteers around the world signed up to pen letters, which were sent in via email. The letters were sent free of charge to the specified recipient.

I wanted to volunteer to write letters for Snail Mail My Email, but sadly, the project ended in mid-August. I have always been somewhat obsessed with writing letters. I have too much stationery to ever use myself. I love the excitement of opening a handwritten letter and it saddens me that this method of communicating is becoming extinct. So, I've decided to launch my own mini version of Snail Mail My Email.

To participate, please send me an email (kimjoymhanna@gmail.com) with your letter written out, along with the recipient's name and address. Please include your own return address and name as well. If you wish to remain anonymous, please let me know and I will gladly leave out any identifying information. The letters are 100% confidential and I promise not to use your email address or the mailing addresses for anything other than the sending of this letter. Whether sending a letter to simply say hello or to express something deeper, it will undoubtedly make the opener smile.

For more information on Snail Mail My Email, visit the http://snailmailmyemail.org/.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I once had a vision that included communication with those I never included in my own species...sadly this included most "humans". If I submit my mail to you, can I rest soundly knowing you won't betray my desire to never betray this vision?