Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Concept Korea Spring 2012 Presentation


On Friday, I attended my first-ever show during New York Fashion Week. I was invited to the Concept Korea Spring 2012 Presentation, which featured five Korean designers. The presentation was held at at Lincoln Center in Avery Fisher Hall, a beautiful modernist space with high ceilings and numerous windows. At 6:30 pm, the sun was streaming through the glass, catching the different fabrics in its light and creating an ethereal atmosphere.

Please pardon the quality of these pictures, as I only had my iPhone with me and not a regular camera. They are more clear if you click on each image to see it full size.




[Below] The balcony of Avery Fisher Hall overlooks the central plaza and fountain of Lincoln Center. The presentation had an open bar, of which I gladly partook. I stood out on the terrace, drinking white wine and watching all the fabulous people walk around in their stylish outfits. It was a truly luxurious experience.



[Below] My favorite designer of the five was Son Jung Wan, whose garments were at once feminine and modern. Glass in various shades of blue inspired her to create these pieces.  The white jacket/top in the second picture was chic in a minimalist way. I wasn't able to fully capture the beauty of its simplicity in this photo.




[Below] Also of note was Doho, whose intricate interlocking designs were woven from strips of fabric. I took the photo of the back of the gown through a window, so it didn’t turn out as I wanted. The back had a cutout as well as a short train, which gave it some extra dramatic flair.




[Below] I loved the architectural structure of the blouse this woman wore. She was in attendance at the presentation, but did not speak English, so I was unable to ask her anything about who designed the top or where she bought it.


I could not have had a better time at the presentation. I couldn’t believe I was finally getting to experience New York Fashion Week. Hopefully there will be more shows to come!

No comments: