Pages

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Getting excited

Spring 2010 collections are almost here and I can hardly contain myself. Thought I'd share with you some interesting tidbits about the upcoming season.

Many designers are showing at the trendy Milk Studios this year - free of charge. When I worked at Givenchy last summer, they held market week at Milk and I can attest to the fact that this venue is amazing. Located in the Meatpacking District, Milk is a modern, sleek space that provides a great background for fashion. Givenchy's space was on the top floor and we had a view of Diane Von Furstenberg's studio. I miss New York!


Tracy Reese's Spring 2010 collection is full of vibrant and playful hues. She says this season is all about a "modern and upbeat attitude."


Lutz & Patmos is known for collaborating with style icons, but this year they are working with...Nobel Peace Prize winner Desmond Tutu? A very different turn for the fashion industry, but I can't wait to see what comes of it.

Sneak peak below of LA-based designer Monique Lhuillier's Spring 2010 collection. She is also one of my all-time favorites. Her collection this season is inspired by the Massai, a group of indigenous African nomads.



Images from Style.com, InStyle.com

No comments: