Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Photographer Maile Roseland

These images are from the portfolio of Maile Roseland, a photographer that I went to high school with.

Her work is absolutely exquisite. I couldn't quite come up with a proper term for her style, but I think Maile's own description sums it up well: dreamlike. She desaturates the colors to create this effect.




Her inspiration comes from nature, as is evident in her photos. Each features some element of nature.


My favorite photos in her porfolio feature people. In many of the pictures, Maile acts as her own model. Her long blonde hair and blue eyes lend themselves well to her style.



Maile started taking pictures when she got her first camera at age 15. Though Maile now says she "cringes" when looking back at her first work, I think it is clear that she has blossomed as an artist.

More information about Maile and her full portfolio are available on her website.