Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bridal Collections

In my opinion, wedding gowns are the pinnacle of difficulty in fashion. It is very easy for a wedding gown to look over the top and cheesy.

That said, Monique Lhuillier and Vera Wang always do a beautiful job with their bridal collections.

I love how Monique Lhuillier's dresses tend to have a vintage flair. They seem as though they could be modifications of gowns from the 1950s. I also like the ultra-long, unadorned veils. Below are my two favorite.



Vera Wang is a veteran wedding gown designer, and she did not let us down this season. The grey/taupe/lavender brides maid gown is just dreamy. It is featured below along with my two favorite wedding dresses from her collection

The idea of using a similar style for the bride and brides maid creates unity in the bridal party. However, they are different enough that the bride stands out.
See the brides maid dress and wedding gown below.




Photos from Nymag.com

No comments: