Pages

Monday, November 10, 2008

Alexander McQueen Fall 2008

Towards the end of the most recent season of Project Runway, the judges stated that Kenley’s wedding dress creation was a replica of an Alexander McQueen dress.

I wasn’t familiar with the dress or collection they were referring to, so I set out to take a look and find it.

Turns out, it was the Fall 2008 collection and I just LOVE IT! This may be a bit of a fashion flashback for some of you but I just couldn’t get enough of the collection and thought I would recap it.

I really like the use of a monochromatic palette in the beginning of the collection, especially since the fabrics are all very different textures.


The collection has a decidedly Gothic feel, but other hues work their way into the mix and the outfits become black and white.


Notice the bird motif that appears on several dresses.



The theme shifts from Gothic-feeling to clothing fit for a royal court. The collection rounds out with bold colors like navy blue and crimson, bringing a light-hearted end to things.


Photos from Style.com

No comments: