Pages

Monday, August 31, 2009

Profile: Photographer Manolo Campion

I recently discovered the work of New York based photographer Manolo Campion and fell in love with his style. He moves easily between gritty and playful and his work captures fashion beautifully.

I emailed Manolo and asked him some questions about his inspiration and background. See his responses below.


When did you start photography? I originally wanted to do film but once I was in the business I found it wasn't for me.... I was exploring different possibilities and my mom suggested I take a photo class - it all started from there.


What is your inspiration? My wife Michelle, my son Bo, music, exploring new parts of the city and seeing new landscapes. Mario Sorrenti, Craig McDean, Avedon. My parents.


What is your favorite thing to photograph? More and more I'm enjoying the challenge of capturing interesting expressions and movements.


What is your favorite location to photograph at? Hmm.... it always changes, I love variety however some old favorites are, the desert, and old houses near water.


Many thanks to Manolo for participating. Check out more of his work here.

No comments: