Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

2011 Met Gala

[Below] Mary-Kate Olsen in vintage Givenchy


[Below] Jessica Stam in Tommy Hilfiger


[Below] Isabel Lucas in Louis Vuitton
I'm not into the head accessory, but the gown is gorgeous.


[Below] Taylor Swift branched out from her usual sequined, sparkling dresses and opted instead to wear this gorgeous, sophisticated J.Mendel gown. I've always thought Taylor would make a great model if she weren't such a talented musician, and this photo reaffirms that.


[Below] Lily Aldridge in Ralph Lauren - I love the elegant simplicity of this gown. 


[2 Below] Liu Wen in Alexander McQueen



[Below] Leighton Meester in Louis Vuitton


[2 Below] Thandie Newton in Stella McCartney
One of my very favorite gowns of the evening - can you see the little lace skirt (or shorts?) under the sheer fabric?



[Below] Liv Tyler in Givenchy 


[Below] Diane Kruger in Jason Wu


[Below] Doutzen Kroes in Giambattista Valli
I wish I had a better picture of this dress, but couldn't seem to find one.


[Below] Ginnifer Goodwin in Topshop


[2 Below] Mariacarla Boscono in Givenchy 
Another contender for favorite gown - the design is so different and creative, but isn't absurd like some high fashion can be. It's delicate and tremendously sexy.



[Below] Gisele Bündchen in Alexander McQueen
A bit boring, but she's so beautiful that I can never leave her out.



[Below] Amy Poehler in J. Mendel 


[Below] Bar Refaeli
Not sure who designed this gown, but I don't care because I don't particularly like it. Bar Refaeli is another one who is too pretty not to include.


[Below] Brooklyn Decker in Michael Kors


[Below] Blake Lively in Chanel


[Below] Lara Stone in Calvin Klein



1 comment:

Nina said...

I just love that Ginnifer Goodwin chose a dress from Topshop. And yes, Taylor Swift looks amazing!
But have you seen Liv Tyler's dress from behind? I love the front of her dress, but from behind it isn't so pretty. Just take a look: http://www.glamour.com/fashion/blogs/slaves-to-fashion/2011/05/02/0503liv-tyler-givenchy-met-gala_fa.jpg

BTW thanks for a great blog!

- Nina / http://danishfashionvictims.blogspot.com/